Frequently Asked Questions - Assessor
Business Personal Property

Q: I just received a Confidential Personal Property Form. What is it?

A: A Confidential Personal Property Form is used to list all taxable personal property which you own, possess, or control in the operation of your business. Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 308.290 requires every business owning taxable personal property to file an annual return with the Assessor of the county in which the property is located. For more information on Business Personal Property, see the Department of Revenue Publication Personal Property Assessment and Taxation.

Back to top

Q: Is Personal Property taxed at a different rate than Real Property?

A: No, they are taxed using the same rates as the real property upon which the personal property is located.

Back to top

Q: Can I get an extension to file my Personal Property Return?


Yes, as long as you request an extension, in writing, that is postmarked by the deadlineof March 1. Extensions may be granted up to April 15. Our address is:

Josephine County Assessor

500 NW 6th Street, Dept. 3

Grants Pass, OR 97526


For more information, contact  or call (541) 474-5260.

Back to top
If you have questions regarding the site, please contact the webmaster.
Terms of Use | Built using Project A's Site-in-a-Box ©1998-2014 Version 5.12.7