20 IDENTIFIED Issues in Josephine County
20 IDENTIFIED Issues in Josephine County as described through the Comprehensive Planning Process:
1) Social/Emotional Development in children 0-18
2) Alcohol, Drug, & Tobacco use during pregnancy
3) Infant mortality rate
4) 8th grade teen alcohol use
5) 8th grade teen illicit drug use
6) 8th grade teen tobacco use
7) Domestic violence
8) Immunization rate
9) Abuse/Neglect rates or at-risk for Abuse/Neglect
10) Teen pregnancy
11) Alcohol & Illicit Drug Abuse by adults/parents/guardians.
12) Health insurance for non OHP covered individuals & families and/or provide co-pay deductible for individuals and families with private insurance.
13) Quality Child Care including resources and training to increase quality child care for infants, toddlers, and special needs care.
14) Runaway & Homeless Youth Resources for youth already on the street, youth at-risk of homelessness, youth and family mediation services. Homeless definition based on the McKinney Vinto.
15) Unemployment rate as a percent of US unemployment.
16) Percent of Josephine County residents with income below 100% of the federal poverty level.
17) High School drop out rate
18) Youth Recidivism
19) Youth Self Esteem and Self Confidence
20) Affordable housing both rental and ownership, transitional and drug free housing, and support to families at risk of losing their homes.