The Civil Division processes, serves and enforces court orders. Only court certified documents may be served by the Sheriff’s Office. In order to process and serve papers we need the following:
· Court document
· The name of the person to be served and the address where service is to be made
· Letter of instruction if you have any special instructions
· Applicable fees
Mail or deliver your papers to the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division at 1901 NE F Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526. If you would like a copy of the proof-of-service that we will send to the Court of Jurisdiction, please bring or include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
The fees for paper service are as follows:
· 1 or 2 persons, same case, same address $45
· More than 2 persons, same case, same address $25 for each person
· Writ of Garnishment $25
· Writ of Execution/Judgment of Restitution $80 plus fees based on the number of parties being evicted; call 541-474-5145 for calculation of exact cost
· Enforcement Actions (property seizure, writs, order of assistance) $80
· Conveyance of Real Property (Sheriff's deed) $50
*Fees for service must be cash, business check, money order or cashier’s check. We do not accept personal checks or credit/debit cards.
For any questions or particular instructions, please call 541-474-5145