Back to Assessor

Assessment and Taxation Online
Disabled Veterans and Surviving Spouse
Senior/Disabled Deferral
Farm & Forest Special Assessments
Business Personal Property
Manufactured Structures
Exempt Organization Applications
Charts & Graphs
Tax Year Certification (SAL report)
Statement of Taxes
Property Tax Appeals
Property Assessment Dates and Deadlines
Assessor's Office Staffing
Assessor History

Documents and Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
News and Events
500 NW 6th Street, Dept 3
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Phone: (541) 474-5260
Contact: Connie Roach
Hours: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday

Effective February 1, 2017
the Josephine county assessor’s office is no longer an agent for

DCBS manufactured home transactions


Oregon’s Building Code Division (BCD) of the Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is responsible for processing manufactured home transactions. DCBS has implemented a new web-based software called Manufactured Home Ownership Document System (MHODS). This new system allows transactions to be done online and offers a very convenient method to process changes to their manufactured home.


Buyers, sellers, title companies and other interested parties can log into the MHODS online portal to process their transactions. Transactions will continue to cost $55.00 and are payable to BCD with your credit card when you process your online transaction. Parties who do not have access to a computer can either seek assistance at a local title company or our office. Our office charges an additional $35.00 fee; we do not accept personal checks or credit cards. You may also submit your transaction by mail directly to the BCD office in Salem. Forms and instructions are available on their website at the link below.


Before you process your manufactured home change

Prior to filing your transaction using either the MHODS website or the mail you will need to obtain one of two County Tax Certification & Notification Forms. One is for newly built homes and one is for existing homes. Every home ownership-related application submitted in MHODS, regardless of the type of transaction, requires either of these two forms. Forms are available on the MHODS website as a fillable pdf using the link below.
  1. Complete the form. You can find the necessary information on the website noted under the “Searching for manufactured home information” heading below.
  2. Bring all pages of the completed form to the Assessor’s Office for us to complete the certification page. Our office charges a $4.00 certification fee to perform this function.
  3. Your completed form will be returned to you for you to proceed with your transaction using the MHODS website or through the mail.

Searching for manufactured home information

You may search for manufactured home information using the link below.

Additional Information

You can find the helpful Manufactured Home Ownership Document Transaction Guide at the link below.
Building Codes Division - Manufactured Homes Contact Information
Office Location
1535 Edgewater Street NW
Salem, OR 97304
Mailing Address
PO Box 14470
Salem, OR 97309-0404
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Main: 503-378-4133
Toll Free: 1-800-442-7457
Fax: 503-378-2322
This page will be updated regularly as new information is made available to us by DCBS. This page was last updated February 2, 2017 12:30 p.m.

If you have questions regarding the site, please contact the webmaster.
Terms of Use | Built using Project A's Site-in-a-Box ©1998-2017 Version 5.12.7