Ryan A. Mulkins
The Criminal Prosecution Division prosecutes adults and juveniles for criminal conduct. This is the District Attorney's primary function. This function includes advising police regarding criminal procedure and search warrants, grand jury investigations, the evaluation of police referrals and charging of appropriate cases. We prepare and negotiate cases and go to trial on approximately 10% of the cases. Josephine County is fortunate to have a Child Advocacy and Treatment Center where children who are victims of sexual and physical abuse are interviewed and treated. We also participate in a Drug Court program designed to intervene and treat qualifying drug addicts.
- To maximize public safety;
- To hold offenders accountable for criminal conduct;
- To seek dispositions that protect the public and reintegrate the offender into the community; and
- To serve victims in a manner that minimizes trauma, brings closure and secures restitution.
What We Do:
- File and take to court criminal cases for the Oregon State Police, Sheriff, and City Police Department.
- Help victims of crime by keeping them informed of the case progress, arranging for an opportunity to be heard in court, and obtaining restitution.
- Issue, modify and enforce child support orders.
What We Don't Do:
Employment Opportunities16-101 - Support Enforcement Specialist I or IITuesday, December 06, 2016
- Represent criminals charged with a crime - Not a public defender.
- We cannot give citizens general legal advice. You must consult a private attorney for those matters.
- Investigate criminal cases - Please report crimes to the police as the DA does not gather evidence or interview witnesses.
Josephine County DA’s Office is actively recruiting for a Support Enforcement Specialist I or II (depending on qualifications). This position is full-time and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The Support Enforcement Specialist prepares and processes child and spousal support ... Read more... View All Employment Opportunities...LinksJosephine County Circuit Court WebsiteOregon Revised StatutesView All Links...