The Animal Care Division is operated under the direction of the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office. The Animal Care Division enforces ordinances and state statutes pertaining to licensing and control of domestic animals.
Services Provided by Animal Care
We do not respond to stray or feral cat colonies
- Provide emergency response for injured or stray domestic animals
- Respond to nuisance dog complaints and conduct investigations
- Conduct animal abuse and cruelty investigations
- Impound dogs, livestock and other animals
- Provide kennel and fancier inspections on an annual basis
- Monitor current rabies and licensing requirements
- Assist other agencies with animal problems
Emergency Calls for Service – Call 911
Non-Emergent Animal Calls for Service – (541) 474-5123 option #3
To file an online report for Animal Care, please use the Citizen Service Portal
For information related to impounded animals, surrendering animals, licensing or adoption services please contact the Josephine County Animal Shelter
at (541) 474-5458.
For information related to wild animal problems please contact Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
at (541) 826-8774.